π (pi) is a mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter in Euclidean space; this is the same value as the ratio of a circle's area to the square of its radius. It is approximately equal to 3.141593 in the usual decimal notation.
Ways to celebrate:
- Buy yourself a pi necklace
- Bake a pie with Pi (you can add it with icing on the top or squish a i symbol into shape with dough); maybe bake 3.14 of them and have friends over
- Eat only forms of pie for all meals - quiche for breakfast, shepherds pie, pizza pie.
- Measure a lot of circular objects and analyze the data
- Watch the movie π
- Have a competition with friends to see who knows the most decimal places of π
- Write pi-kus (First line: 3 syllables, second line: 1 syllable, third line: 4 syllables)
- Read The Joy of Pi
- Make up pi jokes
- Look up pi music compositions on YouTube.
- Take a pi hike measuring 3.14 miles or kilometers and eat pie at the end?
- Convert your age into pi.
- Download one million digits of pi
Me? I'll be eating 3.14 pies. They'll be tiny ones. ;)