Spoilers after the image.
"It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it, if it were easy." - Tyrion
"The King is tired. See him to his chambers." - Tywin
“You have one name. As do I. Here only the family name matters.” - Varys
"I'm going to sail up the Narrow Sea all the way to the Weeping Water. I'm going to march on the Dreadfort. I'm going to find my little brother. And I'm going to bring him home." - Yara Greyjoy
Sam: ...I'd be dead if it wasn't for Jon. If you're his brother, you're my brother too and anything I can do to help you, I will.
Bran: Take us north of the Wall.
Sam: ...Except that
"I shouldnt make jokes. My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples. But my father taught me, aim for their head." - Ramsay Bolton
“Any man who must say ‘I am the king’ is no true king.” - Tywin
"People learn to love their chains." - Dany
- Yara/Asha was awesome.
- Arya had one of my favorite moments of the whole season.
- The showdown between Joffrey and Tywin can best be described by this gif. We needed Joffrey to get a kick in the pants, and I'll take this dress down to start.
- Ugh Theon, dick in a box, etc. I didn't need to see more of his torture, but at least they revealed the torturer as Roose Bolton's bastard son.
- I'm glad to see Sam had a stash of dragon glass - I should have remembered that he found a bundle.
- Bran's Rat Cook story was nicely timed to emphasize the absolute horror of what Walder Frey did.
- I was really, really hoping they wouldn't show Grey-Robb. Just when you thought Arya got out of it without seeing her dead loved ones, she had to see that. No wonder she killed the Frey bannermen.
- Thank you Cersei, for acknowledging your son is such an evil little brat.
- Jaime's back in King's Landing and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau played the hell out of the return. The expression on his face when he was pushed aside by the man in the street and when Cersei didn't leap up and hug him. Man. Feelings.
- Though I'm not sure if I wanted to spend time with Varys and Shae, Varys' speech and gesture to her was lovely.
- Also, Shae loves Sansa?!
- Sansa joking with Tyrion was sweet.
- The exchanges between Davos and Gendry made me smile - just two peasants from King's Landing who ended up in the wrong place.
- The ending with Dany struck me as completely underwhelming.
Okay, there was more meat than I initially gave the episode credit for. I clearly need to watch it again.
What did you think of the season finale?