Favorite quotes from the episode after the picture (duh, spoilers).
“I am not your enemy. Your enemy is beside you. Your enemy steals and murders your children. Your enemy has nothing for you but chains and suffering, and commands. I do not bring you commands. I bring you a choice. And I bring your enemies what they deserve." - Daenerys Targaryen
“I would like to think that if I were arranging a royal assassination, I’d plan it in such a way that I wouldn’t be standing there gawking like a fool when the king died.” - Tyrion Lannister
“When it comes to war, I fight for Dorne. When it comes to love, I don’t choose sides." - Oberyn Martell
“The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they’re all a tray of cakes next to death.” - Olenna Tyrell
“Your father lacks an appreciation of the finer points of bad behavior.” - Davos
“Money buys a man silence for a time. A bolt in the heart buys it forever." - Littlefinger
"How many Starks have they got to behead before you figure it out?” - The Hound
- The rape. Man. If you're not familiar with the books, they changed the scene between Jaime and Cersei from what happened in the books. It was turned into rape instead of consensual sex. I disagree with the decision. Jaime isn't exactly a redeemed hero, but that does take him on a different path and I don't like it.
- Tyrion saying goodbye to Podrick was surprisingly heartbreaking. He might be one of the best people in King's Landing (Podrick, that is), and even though I knew Tyrion cared for him, that was a touching moment.
- Speaking of touching, Shireen and Davos. Something about the timing and pacing in their scene was completely riveting. I hope we get more scenes with the two of them as the season goes on.
- Arya and the Hound were a close second. I like that she's still standing against him regarding some actions. I don't believe she's capable of influencing him, but so far, it also doesn't seem to be happening the other around. Not entirely.
But, I never need to see the Hound blow a snot rocket again (yeah, there are gifs on Tumblr).
- Littlefinger claiming responsibility for Joffrey's death surprised me. I figured they'd drag out the whodunnit angle for a bit longer. And we don't exactly have all the answers - like how the crystal from the necklace got into Joffrey's drink.
- Sansa. Yipes. She's leaving one bad situation for a potentially worse one, but she didn't have much of a choice. My sympathy for her has only grown over the seasons.