Favorite quotes from the episode and thoughts about what happened after the picture. Look out, because spoilers.
“I promise you, a single day of freedom is worth more than a lifetime in chains.” - Grey Worm
“I will answer injustice with justice.” - Daenerys Targaryen
“A man with no motive is a man no one suspects. Always keep your foes confused. If they don’t know who you are or what you want, they can’t know what you plan to do next.” - Littlefinger
Tyrion: "The King Slayer Brothers, you like it? I like it. You really asking if I killed your son?"
Jaime: "You really asking if I'd kill my brother?"
“There’s nothing more tedious than a trial. Except perhaps these gardens. If I have to take one more leisurely stroll through these gardens I’ll fling myself from the cliffs.” - Olenna Tyrell
- I've always liked Jacob Anderson, the actor who plays Grey Worm, but he was particularly amazing in tonight's episode. Between his scenes with Missandei and the slaves in Meereen, he really stood out.
- Meereen! That happened fast, and I like to picture Dany surveying her work after the masters were nailed to the posts and saying, "Done and done." I can't wait until her and her dragons get to Westeros.
- You know who else was extra fantastic last night? Bronn. One of my favorite things about that character is that he doesn't put on a pandering act for anyone. Watching him call Jaime Lannister out was so enjoyable I could practically taste the satisfaction. You tell him, Bronn!
- Tyrion and Jaime's scene was quite touching. It's clear that Jaime has been put in a difficult decision, but he does care for his brother and at this point and time, Tyrion might rank higher than Cersei. Maybe. What I didn't understand was it seemed like there was someone else in the cell while they were talking about serious secrets. Sure, that person is probably sworn to the Lannisters but hey, people gossip. Maybe there wasn't someone else there?
- Margaery and Tommen. Eww. The overtones of that were gross, but leading up to that moment, it was hilarious to hear Olenna tell Margaery about how skilled she was in the sack.
- And Olenna admitted her involvement in Joffrey's murder. I hope we see how her and Littlefinger worked that scheme out, but I have a hunch it won't be revealed.
- Stop touching Sansa, Littlefinger! No, no, no.
- Let's not forget the White Walker in the room. What the hell was that? George R.R. Martin hasn't hinted that they're any kind of organized group in the books, but maybe Benioff and Weiss are setting that up for him? Because let's be honest, they're going to run out of book material. GRRM can't keep up. This could be just the beginning of diverging paths.
- Finally, yay Ser Pounce!