Thoughts on the episode and a list of my favorite quotes after the image.
"You cannot give up on the gravy." - Hot Pie
“Nothing isn’t better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.” - Arya Stark
“I suppose I’ll have to kill the Mountain myself. Won’t that make for a great song?” - Tyrion Lannister
"She's in a good mood." - Daario Naharis
"I will be your champion." - Oberyn Martell
"If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place." - Tyrion Lannister
“You’re not interesting enough to be offensive." Brienne of Tarth
“You think you’re on your own." - The Hound
“They can live in my new world or they can die in their old one.” - Daenerys Targaryen
“It’s rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead Lannisters." - Oberyn Martell
“Why are you sorry? Because you’re an evil bastard with no conscience and no heart? That’s what I liked about you in the first place.” - Tyrion Lannister
- Where to start? Mockingbird may be the most emotional episode of Game of Thrones and probably my favorite of the season so far. I teared up at so many characters... Bronn, Oberyn, Tyrion, Sansa, Hot Pie, the Hound. It wasn't all heavy emotions either. Some of them came colored with a bit of hope. Goodness knows that's not something we often get from Game of Thrones.
- If memory serves, the story Oberyn told Tyrion matched the books almost word for word. Pascal delivered it perfectly and by the time he said he would fight for Tyrion, I nearly stood and cheered.
- At first, I wanted to be upset with Bronn. However, Tyrion captures it when he said he liked Bronn because he wasn't trying to pretend he was a better man. Bronn has simple desires and if he can have them fulfilled without Tyrion, well, I don't blame him. Their last handshake and Tyrion teasing about the song they'd write about him defeating the Mountain... sniffle.
- Was anyone else surprised that the Mountain seemed to arrive in King's Landing in no time at all? I'm not sure how much time passed since the last episode, but I didn't get the impression it was very long.
- When I saw the promo image for the episode featuring Sansa in the snow looking happy I didn't get it, but as soon as the scene started, I said out loud, "Ohhh, it reminds her of Winterfell." Duh. I thought it was beautiful that she rebuilt her home from memory. It's weird to remember that this is world where she wouldn't have a picture of Winterfell.
- Littlefinger. His time in the episode can be summarized thusly: GROSS and YAY. I was surprised to hear them change the line from "only Cat" to "your sister."
- While I respect the fact that Arya is a survivor and a badass, she's also scaring me. How many kills is that now? It's weird to see it unfold on the screen and weirder that I know I'm still rooting for. She's headed down a sketchy path.
- Oh wow, the wounded look on the Hound's face as he told the story about his brother burning him. I just wanted to hug him ala Good Will Hunting.
- Dany: Well played. Both because of Daario and listening to Jorah.