Here's a rundown of some of the cool things I saw and did this year:
- I met the real-life Chopper (not the statue in the above picture) from Star Wars Rebels. I want one.
- I saw the first episode of Star Wars Rebels, and it was delightful. My spoiler-free thoughts are at IGN.
- I interviewed the cast and executive producers for Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, Once Upon a Time, and Supernatural for IGN and Nerdist.
- I covered some cool panels including ones for the shows listed above and iZombie and Toy Story that Time Forgot. I'm feeling jazzed about iZombie.
- I got in some Baymax love because I've already fallen for the character from Big Hero 6:
|Art by Amy Mebberson|
- I didn't eat nearly enough food.
- I received my first ever blisters in nine years of attending Comic-Con. That was not my favorite.
- I hugged people I only see a few times a year.
- I followed Guillermo del Toro in a makeup chair during an IGN livestream recording thing.
- I got stuck in a swarm of crowds at least one million times.
- I watched people run through an Assassin's Creed parkour/obstacle course, video here.
- I stopped by the Wired Cafe and had some Game of Thrones beer:
- I attended my first fashion show, and it featured geek haute couture.
- I dressed like a Lumberjanes scout with some of my dearest friends:
- I had an amazing time despite being sweaty and wiped for 4.5 days straight.
See all my photos from Comic-Con over at Flickr or browse the cosplay highlights at Nerdist. You can check out my coverage from the convention at IGN, StarWars.com, AskMen, and Fashionably Geek.